Social Media Coordinator job posting
Social Media Coordinator
Traveller Collective - Vancouver, BC
Start: October 2018
Compensation: $34,560 salary; 4 weeks annual vacation; fulltime hours
Traveller Collective is a Vancouver-based ecommerce company that creates and manufactures personalized travel mementos for a global customer base. TC was founded in 2015 with the aim of creating unique, handmade keepsakes for travellers while committing 20% of profits to diverse social projects. We’re a team of eight (plus Cleo the office dog!) who love listening to music while we work and going for lunch on Fridays. We also enjoy after-work beers at monthly staff social events!
Traveller Collective is seeking an energetic, passionate individual to fill the role of Social Media Coordinator. You’ll be excited about engaging with our global Collective of customers through our social and will handle inquiries/feedback in a positive, professional manner – without taking yourself too seriously (#mustloveemojis)! You’ll apply your social media expertise and your enthusiasm for brand-building to TC’s existing social media platforms while exploring new opportunities to promote TC.
Traveller Collective’s Social Media Coordinator will complete daily tasks relating to the planning and management of all of TC’s social media. You’ll set monthly goals pertaining to traffic and engagement, participate in team meetings and events, and contribute to company decisions. This role is based out of our office in East Vancouver.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responding to all engagement across various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube), including comments, mentions, tagged photos, etc.
- Developing a posting schedule and designing daily posts across all social channels utilizing relevant software (Later).
- Creating engaging text and image content across all social media platforms utilizing relevant software (Pixelmator, Canva).
- Suggesting and implementing ways of obtaining new customers (through contests, giveaways, etc.).
- Assisting with wais, TC’s sister company that features locals’ recommendations for food and drink in cities around the world.
- Working closely with related departments (Customer Support, Marketing) to ensure consistent messaging and thorough promotion of TC through social media.
- Working with the rest of the team to fulfill customer orders.
Skills and Competencies
The Social Media Coordinator’s role is essential in ensuring that 1) TC’s products and initiatives are promoted via multiple social channels and 2) TC customers feel recognized and valued across TC’s social media platforms.
While we are looking for someone with at least two years’ experience, the right candidate should also be incredibly passionate about social media and unafraid of suggesting and implementing ways to strengthen TC’s social media presence. An interest in travel and a desire to help other people are crucial :).
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!